Monday 25 February 2013

Dungeon 211: Glitterdust



This morning my latest Dungeon offering went live: a strange little adventure called 'Glitterdust', which is designed for a party comprised entirely of pixies. I had a tremendous amount of fun writing this, and it's great to see Wizards of the Coast experimenting with such oddball concepts. Hopefully you'll get the chance to run it too - we played it as a one-shot for playtesting, and it made for an interesting change of pace from our normal campaign.

I'd originally intended the adventure to be dark and mysterious throughout, much like Pan's Labyrinth, but it actually ended up much closer to a Disney movie - featuring talking animals, a bumbling human adventurer, and a wicked hag. This spirit is certainly reflected in the maps they did for the adventure, which have a pleasing cartoon style.

Let me know if you like it!

6 comments:

  1. Will, I just finished reading the adventure. Fantastic, and truly creative! Thanks for writing such a fun adventure. In all of Dungeon's history few have made an impression on me like this one. It is on my short list to DM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Alphastream, I'm really pleased you liked it. If you do play it, I'd love to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's a great adventure to boot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I'm glad you liked it. It was a lot of fun to write :)

      Delete
  4. One of the most gratifying and rare storytelling experiences I've ever had, period. Strong work, Will!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.